10 Reading Tips for Families with Busy Schedules
1. Carry books (or other reading material with you) wherever you go!
2. For kids that don’t get motion sickness, read while traveling in the car.
3. Instead of listening to music, listen to an audio book.
4. Create a reading challenge or competition with friends (you’ll be more motivated to read!).
5. Read during bath time.
6. Make reading something you do before you get out of bed and before you go to sleep (even if it’s for 5 minutes!).
8. Download books onto your iPad, tablet, or other portable device. Encourage your child to read instead of playing games!